Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Sacrifice Brings Forth the Blessings of Heaven

Hello all, 

I am writing this from the sweet comfort of my iPad. Yes! The iPads were returned this week. Also one might ask why I am sending a weekly out on Saturday, July 22nd.

We found Wonder Woman in Jamaica!

 I am pleased to say that José Luis, Vanessa, and Karen were able to go to the temple as a family today. It was a wonderful experience to see them baptized for names they had found and to see the process of how they were able to find the names. In a year they will have an opportunity to go back to be sealed for time and all eternity. I am so grateful to my parents who set the example of having the temple as a goal for me so that now I am able to help others have the temple as a goal. I once heard a quote from Gordon B. Hinckley that said something to the effect of, "What seems to be a sacrifice today will one day prove to be the greatest investment you have ever made." I know that staying temple-worthy and getting ourselves to the temple is an amazing goal and will truly bless us far more than we can even imagine.

I last wrote on Monday, so my experiences have not been many. But the quotes have! "Congratulations! You look beautiful today." -our Super to us this morning. 
"You can't have million dollar blessings with a ten-cent prayer." -Elder Weisler quoting someone else. 
 "What you can't measure you can't manage." -President Reynolds. 

Mega-zone was this week. We tried talking to a return-missionary member about it and she had no clue of what we were talking. So to any who wonder, a mega-zone is the exact same thing as a zone Conference, we just have a different name for it in our mission. Just like how we say 'blinded in' instead of 'white-washing' or 'pink-washing' like some missionaries say in other missions. It was very inspiring to talk about finding, how to manage Area Book (taught by the now-Assistant Elder Brown who is my exemplar in all things Area Book - I was blessed to be able to see his Area Book in Mineola, it was more beautiful than any I had before seen), and how to make our mission culture more Christ-centered. It is always motivational.
Mega-zone😃
froyo w Hna Borges
This week we went to Richmond Hill, Queens for a meeting and on the way went through several subway stops in Jamaica. It was quite interesting and I saw many a weave, old subways, red-brick badly lit stations, and also a poor sick child who threw up next to us on the subway. The entire subway car teamed up to help the mom and I provided tissues, a girl down the car provided a plastic bag, an old lady gave a water bottle, and a man cleared up the mess with another water bottle. It was nice to see how everyone wanted to help the mom and her little boy, it kind of gave me hope to see all of the good people in the world.
Xoxo gossip girl.
What a fun red skirt, right?
I'm going to miss dear Sister Petersen.
It was wonderful getting to go to the temple with José Luis, Vanessa, and Karen

After said meeting we exchanged with Sisters Romney and Borges. The poor things were terribly sick but still went out and worked hard! They are precious and beautiful sisters. The work with YSAs is difficult but I can also see how rewarding it is through what they say.
I think I have been a bit stressed this week. I would take to heart the suggestions of the book 'Adjusting to Missionary Life' and slow down by 10% except there's not enough time! To do everything one must do I have to speed up by 10% if I'm to be successful. Times like these teach me quite a bit about prioritizing. I can choose the good, the better, or the best. The best often requires sacrifice, but said sacrifices vale la pena. They are worth it. Like going to the temple. :) 

All my love, 

Hermana Ally Voss

No comments:

Post a Comment