Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Off to Queens with a Name Tag in Hand

Good Morning, Good Morning!

Well it has been quite some time since I have heard the fateful words: "Sister Voss - Out." But they have been said and I am incredibly sorry to be leaving my beautiful family here in Mineola. I will miss them all terribly and am sad to go.
A bit of graffiti
Don't tell anyone that I know, but I figured out that my new area is almost for sure going to be Rego Park, Queens, New York. ;) I am so psyched! And my New companion is almost for sure going to be *drumrollllllll* SISTER MCDOWELL!!!!!! :D My happiness is so full that I have no words. She meant a lot to me as a companion before and getting to serve with her again will be so incredibly perfect.

Yesterday church was basically just a funeral for Elder Rogers and I. We were asked to share our testimonies in church. Everyone who needed to be there was there. Even Fanny came. :) This branch of Mineola have become my family. I love the families here and they have really expanded to become my family. I cried quite a bit and for the first time on my mission had trouble sleeping in anticipation of what I heard on the phone this morning.
Some of my cute branch
District funny picture
Goodbye Elisa!
The District
Me and the Ramos family
Old Westbury Gardens for the win!
I was worried I would stay, and worried I would go. I didn't know what to think, and I just wasn't sure about anything. Needless to say, I now feel such a great peace and am excited to continue on in my adventure here in New York in my new area. Life kind of works out perfectly when you follow the Lord, doesn't it?

This week has been goodbye upon goodbye and I shan't make you bored with all the lovely dinners, and cute detalles, and beautiful gestures people have made. All I can state is my gratitude. The Lord knows me and prepared my final week here in Mineola to be an amazing one.

I have held baby rabbits, taken pictures in front of cool graffiti (Okay, murals. It's never cool if it is illegal.) We had our final district meeting and made our transfer predictions. Sister Chung is staying, Elder Rogers is out (maybe he'll even follow me to Rego), Elder Rigby (the dear) is staying, Elders Grande and Cintron are out, and Elders Lance and Merrell are in!
Us and a cute mural.

A BUNNY!
And it's even a baby bunny which is better...


We had a Memorial Day picnic today which was amazing. I said goodbye to all of my favorite Mineola families. <3 And tonight I say goodbye to some more.

I am humbled for the opportunity to serve in my new calling. [Dad note: Allison was called to serve as a Sister Training Leader] From the moment I was called I felt the burden placed upon my shoulders.
A leadership call with President Reynolds. :)
Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."

Have a splendid week, I am off to pack!

My love,

Hermana Voss

No comments:

Post a Comment