Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

I Need My Own Light!

Hello Family and Friends,

You know, it is awfully hard to find unique and original things to write about when one has been in the same area for seven months. I work hard trying to find original things to write about. The part that matters the most to me is that our investigators progress and that the branch does well. And it seems we are succeeding in that, which is good.
District picture! I'm not sure what is happening with Sister Chung's hair but it looks cool.
I guess this week the main original thing we did was try to find investigators through sports. Meaning, we played soccer with Hispanic children then chatted up the moms and got appointments set up to teach the gospel. In addition to being a very good workout, it seemed to be fairly effective as well. Also we learned that when little brothers were rude to their older brothers the response of said older brother was, "you're adopted."

Also at Noche de Rama (which is like a Family Home Evening for the branch) a member brought several nonmember children and wanted them to have fun so we played an awesome game called Canasta de Frutas. Essentially we are all secretly named a fruit and someone stands in the middle and names two fruits, who have to switch seats without the person in the middle taking one of the seats. BUT if the person says "canasta de frutas" then everyone has to switch! It was super fun.

This week I went to the eye doctor. I was worried that it would leave me blind and I wouldn't be able to drive or anything but I was happily surprised. I looked a bit like an alien, but nothing worse than that. I also had to wear sunglasses all day. I left the doctor at about noon and just looking at the light outside was awful. I felt like I was the wicked witch of the West and the sun was burning me.
They dilated my eyes and I looked like an alien.
And today we played mini-golf! It was super fun and I was with all Hispanics which was fun (we divided the district into two teams) and I proved the American-ness of golf. On my team. I was also probably the only person on my team who took it seriously.... Alas. I didn't even lose out of all of the Americans! Yes.
Mini-golfing! I proved golf is an American sport in our team of all Hispanics and I. :) 75 isn't bad, right?
Hispanics are great! Two thumbs up!
The Regional Conference for America Northeast was this last Sunday, which was fun. It meant we got to go to Freeport. Also, Elder Oaks presided over the conference and we learned a lot about member missionary work, repentance, and light. "I need my own light!"

Happy cinco de Mayo, Happy Anniversary to my parents (may the fourth be with you), and a very beautiful and Happy Mother's Day to my mom and all other mothers out there!
Personality is what matters, right?
With my favorite future missionaries <3
My favorite couple is turning 78 and 70. Guess who is older!
"Lastly, how do I think you may become great women? You should cultivate and employ generously your noble, womanly instincts of care and mercy, first to your family and then to others. May you always hunger and thirst after righteousness within the framework of the revealed gospel of Jesus Christ. May you have an eternal perspective as you go about your angelic cause of doing good so that it will not only lead you to become great women but ultimately to become queens in the eternities." -Faust

I am so grateful for my lovely mother!

Have a wonderful week,

Hermana Ally Voss

No comments:

Post a Comment