Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

NYC Can't Breathe

Monday, November 13th

I want to start out by adding my continued sympathies to my family members. 

I love you all and pray for you.
I don't support graffiti but sometimes we find really cool ones. :)

This week I begun MyPlan (the six-week program missionaries take before they go home). That was crazy. These last six weeks will probably cold, rainy, and full of Christmas spirit. NYC dropped into the twenties, which is when one knows that winter has truly begun,

I made a lovely coloring page. It was really sweet of Genesys to give it to me, and I colored every single night, so clearly it was a good gift!

We also found eight new investigators (several by knocking and being let in on the spot, others by street contacting and member work), put two more investigators on date, had three investigators to church, and worked hard.

Someone needs to tell the grocery stores to stop putting the ice cream on sale, because *of course* if they are two for five we will each get a carton. No questions asked.

Service at Forest park is easily one of my favorite parts of the week, who doesn't enjoy getting down and dirty planting tulips (last week) and (this week) chopping down flower bushes?
We saw the people when they were making this mural. Cypress Hills is an area near Brooklyn.
People go all-out for Halloween.
The primary presentation is one of my favorite days of the year! The children are hilarious.
Also, Christmas is nearing, and it is just about time to #lighttheworld in 25 ways over 25 days! Prepare yourselves by looking at the calendar when it comes out after Thanksgiving and serving in every way you can. :)

I was just reading a talk by President Monson that I love. It states:

"I recall reading some time ago the counsel a father gave to his son when he went away to school: “If you ever find yourself where you shouldn’t ought to be, get out!” I offer to each of you the same advice: “If you ever find yourself where you shouldn’t ought to be, get out!”

The call for courage comes constantly to each of us. Every day of our lives courage is needed--not just for the momentous events but more often as we make decisions or respond to circumstances around us. Said Scottish poet and novelist Robert Louis Stevenson: “Everyday courage has few witnesses. But yours is no less noble because no drum beats for you and no crowds shout your name.”

Courage comes in many forms. Wrote the Christian author Charles Swindoll: “Courage is not limited to the battlefield … or bravely catching a thief in your house. The real tests of courage are much quieter. They are inner tests, like remaining faithful when no one’s looking, … like standing alone when you’re misunderstood.” I would add that this inner courage also includes doing the right thing even though we may be afraid, defending our beliefs at the risk of being ridiculed, and maintaining those beliefs even when threatened with a loss of friends or of social status. He who stands steadfastly for that which is right must risk becoming at times disapproved and unpopular."
This precious girl got her call to Vancouver, Washington! How fun.
Zone activity in Rego! :-)
I know that courage in its many forms is often a battle, but it is so important that we are courageous.

"Courage, dear heart." -C.S. Lewis

I love you all. <3

-Hermana Ally Voss

No comments:

Post a Comment