Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Queen Bee🐝

Want to know what's the bee's knees?

Transfer news is in! Sister Platt is out while I stay here in Rattling Rego Park, Queens! I will have for a companion the precious Sister Reeves. I am looking forward to this next transfer with great anticipation.
Our District Squad takes rad photos
As for exciting news: on Saturday our Ward Mission Leader got married!!!!! It was the most thrilling, sweet, exciting, wonderful thing ever.

They are the cutest couple ever. You could feel the love they had for each other as they looked into each other's eyes. I have to say that no two members in my mission have taken as good care and loved us the missionaries as them in my mission. Seeing them together finally as husband and wife was such a blessing. God has so many blessings in store for them.
Wuv, twue wuv is what bwings us together today.
I love Hispanic weddings/parties because of all the dancing. Our Elders were essentially the groomsmen and they did a dancing number with our WML (simple, but epic). And then he did one with his wife (also one of my very favorite members btw) and they started with none other then a Grease song! "You better shape up, cause I need you here with me, and my heart is set on you!... the one that I want ooh you are the one I want ooh ooh ooh."

They were also sealed in the temple earlier that day. It is so amazing to me that the Lord can seal families to be together forever here on this earth for beyond in the eternities.

*Sigh....* it was so romantic and lovely. From the tulle-draped room to the vanilla raspberry-filled cake.

Quotes of the week:

"Six months to supersize right here!" Me whilst drinking a Coca-Cola Slurpee on a very hot morning. (For context: a typical phrase in the mission is 'six months to sexy' for those who are preparing to go home and want to look good)

"Why, I think someone was scared right out of their shoes!" Sister Platt upon discovering a deserted pair of large male crocs on the sidewalk.

"Um... no. Sorry, but no." Me when, after sitting next to a man in the subway, I shook his hand and he tried to kiss mine. I awkwardly stood up afterwards and moved across the aisle. It was then that I realized he was terribly drunk. Unfortunate, isn't it?

"You got my back?" Me. In Queens it is a common practice to collect stickers one finds around the city. I found one on a pole and I hopped up and was holding myself with one hand and my feet wrapped around the pole while Sister Platt put a hand on my back and helped me as I peeled off the sticker to add it to my collection. It worked, though! :)
Exchanges are fun :-)
Also, I love Marcia a lot.
Siria joined squad.
My trainee and her other trainee!

Pensamiento Espiritual:

Yo he estado pensando mucho en lo que Dios tiene planificado para cada uno de nosotros. Antes de mi misión leí un discurso en que uno de los apóstoles dijo que normalmente pensando en el fin de la misión de una persona le ayuda a saber dónde los misioneros necesitan ir. Entonces, yo pienso en esto con las vidas de nosotros. Yo sé que Dios sabe nuestro potencial y que Él está poniendo las retas y personas y situaciones en nuestros vidas que nos va a llevar a este punto. No hay ninguna duda para mí que Dios nos ama y nos va a ayudar y cuidar en cada momento de nuestros vidas.

Les quiero muchísimo,

Hermana Ally Voss

No comments:

Post a Comment