Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge

Sunday, October 8, 2017

Buried in Babylon or Exalted in Enoch?

Hello all,

I want to start off by saying that I honor those lives lost in the terrorist attack of 9/11/01. My heart and sympathies are with the families of those who lost a loved one. ❤️

Exchanges:

New development! This was my first 9pm-9pm exchange. Normally we do them 3pm-3pm and switch off a bunch, but I stayed with Sister Sorenson all day from 9pm to the next night and it was excellent. Sister Sorensen is awesome. Also, I 100% highly recommend the Oreo milkshakes at Carvel's.
Hitting the Stage!

Mission Leadership Council:

-We are already planning for Christmas which is horrible. How dare they? Really. It's quite rude to talk about Christmas this early in the year.

-We ate some good New York pizza.

-Elder Rogers and Elder Ramos-Ortega gave an electrifying workshop on technology. It made me think of the abundant ways we can use it. Videos, messages, scheduled texts, scheduled calendar events, texts, iMessage, fb messenger, Facebook, quotes, videoconferencing, member presents Skype in, showing a pamphlet, sending church links, WhatsApp, Mormon.org questions resources, etc. There are just so many righteous uses for technology!
Sister Training Leaders with Sister Reynolds at Mission Leadership Council
Mormons? On Broadway? I had no idea we were so talented! 
-Elder Weisler gave a Weekly Planning workshop focused on companionship inventory. As we humble ourselves and strive for improvement and to better serve our companion, we will find ourselves growing closer to the Lord. When will I be the best Sister Voss I will ever be? Right now? No. At the end of my mission? No. When I get married in the temple? No. I want to be the best Sister Voss I will ever be on the last day of my life. Whether this mortal life or the next I know not. Only that life is an opportunity to constantly grow to be better and do better. "Try a little harder, to be a little better." Gordon B. Hinckley. I will try to be the best Sister Voss every day and continue on forever. "We must never cease to learn. We believe in eternal progression and that this life is a part of eternity to be profitably lived until the very end." -Gordon B. Hinckley.

-"You can't be in Babylon all day and go home to take a shower and preach in the city of Enoch." -President Reynolds

I think many of us could take this in a a more literal sense. We can't be doing things like being lazy, wasting our lives on drugs or sex or entertainment, having foul language, and being rude to others and then just show up at the house of the Lord on Sunday or at the temple to perform ordinances. It can not and should not be done (unless of course one is taking the steps necessary to change and come back).

As a missionary, though, this takes on many different meanings. As a missionary one can not be disobeying mission rules, even ones that may seem minor and go and teach a spirit-filled lesson the next minute. It is making a mock of the sacred trust that the Lord has given us. As a missionary one can not be talking trash about other missionaries, judging Ward members, and laughing at mission leaders and then turn around, pray, and expect to keep the spirit of the Lord.
Exchanges with Sister Sorenson and the Carvel adventure. 
Feliz CumpleaƱos a Hermana Sarmiento! 
"To come to Zion, it is not enough for you or me to be somewhat less wicked than others. We are to become not only good but holy men and women." -D. Todd Christofferson.

I know that staying worthy of the Holy Ghost is what is going to bring us true happiness in our lives, and that as we seek to be in the city of Enoch all day long we will find true happiness and an eternal rewards. I bear my testimony of this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Love,

Hermana Ally Voss

No comments:

Post a Comment