Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge

Friday, April 28, 2017

Ooh I'm Halfway Thereeeee....

Highlights:

One of the young women here named Elisa Godoy got her mission call! I have taken her out to do missionary work countless times and seen her beautiful spirit and truly come to love her as a friend throughout these last six months in Mineola. As she opened her mission call I was brought to tears. My excitement was that of my own when I opened my call when she tumbled over the words, "Dear Sister Godoy, you are hereby called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Santa Rosa, California mission!" I can not believe that beautiful girl is going on a mission and I am so proud of her for deciding to dedicate her life to the Lord in this next year and a half. I know she will be successful and that the Lord will bless her and the people of Santa Rosa more than they ever thought possible. I love you, Elisa Godoy. <3
My Easter celebration. The bunny, the bunny, ooh I love the bunny!
Courtesy of Hermana Chung's camera.
The other items that can not compare to the majesty of the moment when Elisa opened her call:

1. Easter! What a lovely, splendid, humid and warm, flowering, gorgeous day! No one, not even Jews, could resist talking about Easter with us on such a beautiful day. Christ died, and due to His sacrifice we will all live again. "He is risen, He is risen, He hath opened heaven's gate. We are free from sin's dark prison, risen to a holier state. And a brighter Easter beam on our longing eyes shall stream." (Cecil Frances Alexander)
Called to serve in Santa Rosa, California!
Me with my favorite girl.
We found Élder Pavón!
Easter Selfies!

We found this lovely tree that matched my skirt so by golly we took
a picture of it.
Pretty Tree
Tracking in Jewville! With my Easter green. :)
We have new flooring in our apartment! Out with the old and in with the new!
2. I reach the halfway mark this week on the twentieth! Time flies by! Craziness, that is what this is! I have been in New York for almost nine months now!

3. I saw Elder Pavon (now Hermano Pavon), who I served with in Brooklyn, at Elisa's call opening!

4. Some of our Elders in Freeport got chased by a man with a gun this week which is scary! Luckily we have been very fine in terms of safety.

5. Flowers have been blooming all week. Tulips, daffodils, budding trees, it is simply a paradise here in New York.

6. On Easter I got a package of Lindt chocolates from my mom, which was beautiful. :) And the day before a letter from Sister Draper.

7. Today we went to the castles. Again. And I still love it.

8. The Elders sent us on an Easter egg hunt. It was fun!

9. We saw pretty houses on our road tour of Port Washington.

And that is pretty much it. I would promise a longer weekly for next week but I am never quite sure what will happen!

All my love,

Hermana Ally Voss
Castles!


No comments:

Post a Comment